Long, healthy, and shiny hair would always set you apart from the crowd. People go to all lengths to attain these three amazing characteristics- but seldom succeed. Their hair care issues also bring about many hassles and eventually lead to damage and lifeless tresses. We have created a beginner’s guide to offer some smart tips for dealing with dry hair and suggestions for choosing the best shampoo for dry hair. It’s all right ahead!
When the scalp is insufficient in delivering enough moisturization to strands and the entire hair shaft, our hair becomes dry and brittle. It is a condition where our scalp doesn’t make enough oil, nor does it receive nourishment from any other source.
Dry and rough hair does not add a positive value to your appearance. It may always be made worse with frizz and brittleness, weak scalp, and itchiness or dryness. Therefore, it is best to opt for the assistance of the best shampoo for dry hair, the one that is certified, gentle, and hydrating.
Why does your hair remain dry and rough?
Seasonal dryness on the scalp is a common condition found in people, which results in an itchy scalp, dandruff, weaker scalp health, or a slow rate of hair growth. There is no one given cause for dry hair, as it could be due to weather, styling products, excessive exposure to UV rays, poor quality hair care products, or genetics.
Most people end up with dry textured hair because of all these factors. The most common reason that causes dryness is excessive usage of heat tools. Blow dryers, straighteners, and curling iron have marked a prominent place in our lives. Unfortunately, heat usually softens the hair cuticles of the hair shaft and makes them prone to damage. It can also lead up to uneven and gritty texture.
Choosing the Best Shampoo for Dry Hair
- Low pH: If you are searching for the best shampoo for dry hair, go with a product that has a neutral pH. Getting a shampoo with higher pH can damage your hair cuticles. On the other hand, shampoo with lower pH will provide moisture to the hair without drying off the hair.
- Moisturizing Ingredients: Buy Shampoos with ingredients like Milk Protein, Silk Protein, Coconut Milk, Argan Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Shea Butter, and Aloe Vera. These ingredients work well on hair by eradicating the itchiness from the hair and calming excessive dryness.
- Avoid Volumizing Shampoos: Shampoos with volume-boosting formulas disturb, steal away the natural oils in your scalp, and make hair weary or dry. One should also avoid poor-quality and chemically-enriched curl-defining shampoos or strengthening shampoos.
- Hair type: It is better to assort hair shampoo according to hair type. Shampoos are built differently for different hair textures, and thus, you should pick up the shampoo suiting your type.
- Avoid Abrasives: It is critical to understand the product’s composition before buying any hair cleanser. The shampoos that are free from Alcohol, Sulfates, Phthalates, Artificial Fragrance, Synthetic, or any other abrasives in their ingredient content count as the ideal picks for dry and rough hair.
The best shampoos for Dry, Rough Hair
- Argan Shampoo
Do you know what works best for dry hair? Yes, Argan has been the most rampant ingredient known for dry hair. Its role dates back to ancient times when people would use Argan to treat a wide variety of hair concerns. Argan-enriched products help hair retain its natural oils and soothe the itchiness, flakiness, and dandruff caused by excessive dryness.
At Mamaearth UAE, we offer an Argan Shampoo, which weighs highly on a nutritional scale, with high-end ingredients such as Apple Cider Vinegar, Vitamin E, Argan Oil, and so on. It is a tried and tested hair care remedy that reduces breakage and frizz, restores the scalp’s natural pH balance, and strengthens dehydrated hair follicles.
- Happy Heads Shampoo
If you browse the top 5 online shampoos for dry hair, you will find some common ingredients used in the shampoos, such as Amla, Bhringraj, Biotin, etc. However, seeing the raging concern of dry hair, we advise you to bring home our Happy Heads Shampoo designed with ingredients like Bhringraj Extract, Amla Extract, Horse Chestnut, Biotin, etc.
It serves top-notch care for dry hair by granting intense moisturization and speeding up the hair growth cycle. In addition, its penetrative properties help draw out the germs from the hair and keep the hydration level intact. Thus, buy this nourishing formula and let your hair absorb the moisturization it needs.
- Tea Tree Shampoo
The best way to ward off infection and drive out the dryness is to stick to mother nature’s offerings. Our Tea Tree Shampoo involves the richness of hair-growth boosters like Ginger Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Vitamin E. While Tea Tree acts on fungal infections and itchy scalp, Ginger Oil and Vitamin E soothe the dryness and strengthens the hair cortex. Above all, its toxin-free formulation makes it a perfect fit for sensitive and dry textured hair. Thus, make your every flip count with this amazing shampoo, possibly the best shampoo for dry hair.
At Mamaearth UAE, we craft products bearing in mind the modern lifestyles, local climate, and hair demands. Being a Peta Certified brand, our product testing process is free from animal cruelty. Not just that, we are a plastic-positive brand, meaning we recycle more plastic that we use in our packaging. So, as a purpose-driven brand, we believe in spreading goodness and making people aware of healthy skin care and hair care practices.
Besides, our baby care range is amongst the best baby brands in UAE because it features only the Goodness of Nature for your little munchkins. So, if you are looking for gentle baby soap, body wash, or toothpaste, trust Mamaearth Baby Soap, body wash, and toothpaste!
We are home to a wide range of high-quality haircare, skincare, body care, and baby care products in the UAE. These products are made with safe, gentle, natural, and toxin-free ingredients and thus can be used every day without any second thoughts.