Two of the most common hair care issues are hair fall and hair fall. We all face this menace at least once in our lifetime- be it due to medications, environmental changes, nutritional disorders, lifestyle preferences, or stress. But do you know there is a humble ingredient in our kitchens that can (surprisingly) contain it and help us have a better hair care experience? This blog post is all about it!
It is an onion. Its most popular derivative, onion hair oil benefits us in numerous ways- especially in treating commonplace skincare and hair care issues. Through this blog, we will share some proven insights on why you should opt for this hair oil and how it can help you set up a perfect hair care routine. We would then top the discussion with a brief mention of our bestselling products that you can pair with our top-trending onion hair oil.
5 Benefits of Onion Hair Oil
We all dream of achieving soft, lustrous, and stronger hair. But most of us also lead a stressful and sedentary life, we often forget to care for ourselves. If you have been trying to get healthy and thicker hair for a long time, you should set up a proper hair care routine.
Onions are a powerhouse of nutrients and vitamins like sulfur, folate, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and antioxidants packed with antibacterial and antifungal properties to replenish hair and scalp health. But most of us are still unaware of the potential and qualities our common kitchen ingredients can add to our hair care routine.
So, let’s look at the benefits of onion oil for hair.
- Accelerates hair growth cycle
Known to be rich in sulfur and proteins, especially Keratin, it helps promote faster hair regrowth by providing adequate nourishment to the scalp. In addition, massaging your hair with onion oil helps make your hair grow thicker and longer by boosting blood circulation.
- Prevents premature graying
The strength of our hair degrades with nutritional deficiencies, stress, lifestyle disorders, and medical conditions. An inadequate intake of vitamins and minerals could also turn your hair gray. Rich in essential vitamins and minerals, onion hair oil benefits by reducing and preventing free radical presence. This helps reverse premature graying.
- Improves hair quality and shine
Packed with antifungal and anti-inflammatory benefits, onion hair oil boosts hair growth and cures infections such as lice infestation. In addition, it initiates a deep cleansing action on the scalp to cure the impediments. Regular use of onion oil can give your hair a lustrous shine while making it smooth and frizz-free.
- Balances the scalp’s pH
Our hair and scalp have a slightly acidic nature. The ideal pH level of the scalp should be 5.5, and your hair should be 3.5. However, pH levels can get affected by certain products or treatments, causing them to be much higher. Onion oil acts as a natural moisturizer that assists in naturally maintaining the pH levels that give you a nourished and moisturized scalp.
- Reduces hair thinning and hair breakage
Onion oil is rich in sulfur and a unique protein called Keratin. The duo acts as the building blocks of our hair cells. Applying this oil to the scalp also initiates collagen production in the hair and forms bonds that help improve hair strands’ overall strength. Thus, it prevents breakage and thinning of the hair.
So, we hope these onion hair oil benefits will encourage you to add this great product to your hair care routine. We will now share some simple steps to help you set up a perfect hair care routine at home.
Must-follow guide to a perfect hair care routine
- Oiling is a must: You must massage your scalp and hair once or twice a week with the hair oil for maximum hydration and healthy hair. Onion oil benefits hair and scalp by nourishing each strand from root to tip by providing essential nutrients to the scalp.
- Regular Cleansing: We do not recommend over-cleansing as it removes natural oils from the hair, causing dryness. But if you want to get those lustrous locks, it is essential to clean your scalp and hair as it helps remove excess sebum, dirt, and grime, allowing your hair to grow without any obstructions.
- Deep Conditioning would help: Applying a safe and gentle conditioner helps provide moisture in the hair follicles and smooths frizz and flyaway strands. This also helps you have more shine and bounce.
- Offers Hydration: While conditioner helps provide moisture to the hair, locking in the moisture with another product is important too. Therefore, a leave-in conditioner or serum is important in the hair care routine because it stays on and provides adequate hydration and protection.
- Detangling and protection go a long way: Detangling helps your hair get rid of any knots formed in the hair. It allows even distribution of hair care products. Applying heat protectant sprays will allow you to shield your hair and scalp from damage caused by straighteners, hair dryers, and much more that may cause hair fall.
Allied Hair Care Products that Sort your Hair Care Routine
At Mamaearth UAE, we offer a safer, natural, and gentler approach to counter hair care and skin care problems. Our products cater to the diverse demands of people without being harsh on their hair and skin.
Let’s explore the top 5 online hair care products that help you have a better hair experience at home.
- Onion Shampoo for Hair Growth and Hair Fall Control: Enriched with Onion Seed Oil, Keratin, D-Panthenol, and Vitamin E, this shampoo helps reduce hair fall, strengthens hair, and makes them softer. It also stops frequent and excessive hair fall with regular use.
- Onion Conditioner for Hair Growth and Hair Fall: Backed by Onion Seed Oil, Almond Oil, Coconut, and Coconut Triglycerides, this conditioner helps soften & nourish the hair follicles. It also makes hair soft and smooth and reduces hair fall.
- Onion Hair Serum: It is loaded with Onion Seed Extract, Olive Oil, Biotin, and D-Panthenol; it makes hair soft & shiny, reduces hair fall, reduces frizz, and detangles hair, making it healthy from within. It also helps treat seasonal dryness with regular use.
- Onion Hair Mask: Incorporated with Onion Oil, Coconut Oil, Organic Bamboo Vinegar, and Rosemary Oil, it makes hair thick & strong, giving it a natural shine, repairs damaged hair, and reduces frequent and excessive hair fall.
- Argan Shampoo: Made with Argan Oil, Vitamin E, and Apple Cider Vinegar, it helps in reducing split ends and frizz. This shampoo also rejuvenates dry and damaged hair, and gently cleanses and nourishes the scalp. It also provides deep hydration and thus helps reduce excessive hair fall.
Summing it up
In our day-to-day life, taking care of our hair has become quite overwhelming. We recommend you oil your hair twice and maintain a healthy hair care routine. Our safe and gentle Onion Hair Oil benefits in multiple ways as it targets your hair care issues. It also makes your hair soft, nourished, and healthy.
Crafted with the Goodness of Nature, it comprises natural and toxin-free ingredients that provide deep nourishment. We are home to a diverse range of hair care products that are dermatologically tested by experts and approved by MadeSafe, Dubai Municipality, and the FDA.